Moving home can be one of the most stressful times people experience in their life. What makes it even worse is having to clean your old home before you leave. After completing the time-consuming task of organising and planning to move house, the last thing most people want to do is wash the windows or scrub the floors. Talk about exhausting!
If you’d rather have someone else take care of it for you, and take a well-earned break, maybe you should consider hiring a professional cleaner to do a professional move out clean for you.
But, if you’d prefer to go the DIY route, here are some cleaning tips for people moving home:
1. Clean and pack the items you plan to take as early on as possible
2. Wait until your belongings have been loaded onto the removals truck before doing a final clean
3. First remove any hooks, screws then conceal all the holes, as well as any scratches, dents or visible marks
4. Use a high-quality cleaner to wash the windows, glass doors, mirrors and any other glass surface
5. Inspect all the nooks and crannies of your old home and eliminate any cobwebs and dust
6. Vacuum your carpet, and use a cleaning product to try and remove any stains
7. Wash all the lampshades and light covers, and dust any ceiling fans, replace any light bulbs as necessary
8. Make sure to take out all the garbage from any bins in the home
9. Remove any ashes and debris from the fireplace, and ensure it is spotlessly clean
10. If you are short on time, then consider Professional Cleaners
Looking at moving soon and need a professional but user friendly removalist to help you?